Earlier today, news of the shocking split of Chris Pratt and wife Anna Faris took the internet by storm. Eight years of a seemingly-blissful marriage went down the drain. Fans are shaking their collective heads in disbelief and flooded Twitter and Facebook with reactions about it.
“Love is dead!,” they proclaimed. Uh, for me, I cried those three words back in 2015 when my favorite couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner announced their split. Those words returned again 2016 when the Brangelina split hit the news.
I was not that invested in this couple’s love story so the news did not really affect me. Just “tsk tsk” and that’s it. Unlike Ben-Jen and Brangelina where I scoured the web for news for a possibility that those were hoaxes or pranks.
Aside from Ben-Jen and Brangelina, here are other beloved it couples whose uncoupling hurt me a lot:
- Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert (2015)
- This golden couple of country music looked so cute together! Their difference in height makes it more special for me. Heheh.
- Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher (2011)
- And I was really rooting for this odd couple to work. But it’s still amazing that they lasted six years.
- Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow (2014)
- The couple, after 10 years of marriage, decided to “consciously uncouple,” whatever that means. I love Chris Martin and I immediately blamed the split on Gwyneth just ’cause I’m not a fan. Heheh.
- Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey (2005)
- I’m a 90’s kid. I loved 98 Degrees and I thought this couple were as cute as they come. Sadly, they couldn’t love each other forever. (Cue Jessica’s song I Wanna Love You Forever.)
- Seal and Heidi Klum (2012)
- This sexy couple’s split was really shocking to me. They seemed so solid. Oh well, maybe his special “asset” is no longer that special. 😉
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale (2015)
- So sad to see this rocker couple call it quits after 13 years of marriage. Ugh, Gavin.
Anyway, in the midst of these splits, divorces, separations and conscious uncouplings, there are golden couples out there in Hollywood who are still together for many, many years which is so amazing. If any of these couples call it quits, I might lose faith in love forever!
- David and Victoria Beckham (1999 – present)
- I think this is my favorite couple. I’ve read about their love story many years ago in Reader’s Digest and I fell in love with the whole thing! I hope they’ll never say “Goodbye.”
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson (1988 – present)
- This couple has gone through a lot in their almost three decades of marriage. OMG, three decades is almost unimaginable in Hollywood! But, they did it!
- Jon Bon Jovi and Dorothea Hurley (1989 – present)
- This favorite rocker of mine married his high school sweetheart and stayed married! Gosh, I hope they will be together “Always.”
- Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon (1988 – present)
- I became a huge fan of Kyra from her tv series, The Closer. I read years ago that their philosophy is “Keep the fights clean and the sex dirty!” Must be effective!
There are other power couples out there like Beyonce and Jay Z but I couldn’t care if they split right now. Heheh.
How about you? Which splits made you gasp lately? And which couples are you rooting for? Let me know in the comments! ❤